TEXTBOOK

Monday, February 22, 2021

Winter Lesson Review: Weeks 6/7


 Question of the day:

What is your favorite fruit?

Homework for Monday, February 22, 2021

Please complete the following sentences about your preferences. Please use the worksheet to help you with the different kinds of fruit.

Questions:

  1. My favorite fruit is…
  2. I love …
  3. I prefer…
  4. I like ____ because…
  5. I always eat ___ with…
  6. I don’t like _______ .





In February we celebrate African Americans and recognize the contributions they've made to the culture and history of the United States.

This week, we read about Ray Charles, famous singer and songwriter during the 1950's and several decades beyond.



Ray Charles Robinson was an American singer, songwriter, pianist, and composer. He was often called the "The Genius." He was born on September 23, 1930 in Georgia, United States.

Ray was a pioneer of soul music during the 1950s by combining blues, rhythm and blues, country, and gospel.

Ray Charles was blind for most of his life.  He began to lose his vision between the ages of 5 and 7 due to glaucoma.  His talent for music began when he went to the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind.  He learned from practicing classical music and listening to the radio.

Ray was married twice. He also had 12 children from 10 different women.  He was very successful but he was also addicted to heroin for 17 years. In 1966, after being arrested, he quit heroin.

Ray Charles composed many hit songs such as, Georgia on my Mind, Hit the Road, Jack, and Unchain My Heart.

In 2004, Ray passed away at age 73.  In the same year, the movie, Ray, was released. 

Listen to two of Ray Charles' songs: Which one do you prefer?

Hit the road, Jack!!

Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more
Woah, woman, oh, woman, don't treat me so mean
You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen
I guess if you say so
I'll have to pack my things and go (that's right)
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more
Now, baby, listen, baby, don't ya treat me this-a way
'Cause I'll be back on my feet some

Unchain My Heart


Unchain my heart, baby let me be
'Cause you don't care, help me, set me free
Unchain my heart, baby let me go
Unchain my heart, 'cause you don't love me no more
Every time I call you on the phone
Some fellow tells me that you're not at home
Unchain my heart, set me free
Unchain my heart (unchain my heart), baby let me be
Unchain my heart (unchain my heart), 'cause you don't care about me
You got me sewed up like a narrow case
But you let my love go to waste
Unchain my heart, set me free
I'm under your spell, like a man in a trance, baby
Oh but you know damn well, that I don't stand a chance
Unchain my heart (unchain my heart), let me go my way
Unchain my heart (unchain my heart), you were mean that day
Why lead me through a life of misery
When you don't
Source: LyricFind


No comments:

Post a Comment