TEXTBOOK

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Winter Lesson Review: Week 8

 

This week we read and discussed Lessons 3 & 4, Doctor's Orders.  

 

Long /o/ sound:  /oa/ and /ow/

show throw moa road     below         boat
load   know goat toad        coat         row


Dialog Practice


We will be recording students reading one of these two conversations in pairs:

Dr. J -       Hi, Samsam.  I am Dr. Jones.  Can you tell me about your symptoms?

S- Yes.  I am very tired every day. I feel sick in the morning.

Dr. J -      What do you mean, “you feel sick?” Do you feel nauseous?

S- Yes. I sometimes throw up my dinner.  I also have headaches.

Dr. J -       I think you may be pregnant.  Let’s take some tests.

S- OK-- I hope my husband can come to the United States soon.

Dr. J -      Don’t worry!  Your father will be there for you.   


S- Thank you, Doctor. I will wait for the results.



Apartment Problems

Tenant:            Hello, _______________. This is ___________________ .

Landlord:         Hi! How are you?

Tenant:            Fine, thanks! Um… I would like to tell you about a problem I have. 

Landlord:         What’s the problem?

Tenant:            My problem is that we do not have hot water.  I took a cold shower this morning.

Landlord:         Oh, I’m sorry. Did you check the water heater?

Tenant:            Yes, I checked everything but I don’t know what the problem is. Can you come by

                                to look at it?

Landlord:         Umm… how about tomorrow afternoon? Around 4:00PM?

Tenant:            OK. I will be home at 4:00pm tomorrow.  Thanks.

Landlord:         See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment