Nina Simone was a singer, musician, and civil right activist. She was born Eunice Kathleen Waymon on February 21, 1933, in Tryon, North Carolina.
Simone began singing at the age of four. She grew up poor, but because she was so talented, her teacher helped her win a scholarship to New York City’s Julliard School of Music and train as a classical pianist.
Nina Simone later became very involved in African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960’s.
She wrote several songs against the injustices that African Americans faced.
Later, she left the United States and moved to Europe. She lived in the Netherlands and eventually moved to France where she died on April 21, 2003.What year was Nina Simone born?
Where was Nina Simone born?
What was Nina Simone real name?
True or False?
1. ___ Nina began singing very young.2. ___ Her mother helped her get a scholarship to the Julliard School of Music.
3. ___ Nina wrote songs to support the Civil Rights movement.
4. ___ Nina later moved to New York and died in the Netherlands.
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
I'm feeling good
You know how I feel
River running free
You know how I feel
Blossom on a tree
You know how I feel
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
For me
You know how I feel
Scent of the…

1. Nina Simone born in February 21 1933
ReplyDelete2. Tryon, North Carolina
3. Real Name is Eunice Kathleen Waymon
Maria E Morales
1.T
Delete2.F
3.T
4.F
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete