Hello ESOL 2/3 students!
It was great meeting new students and seeing returning students again. This quarter, we are using a new textbook and a new workbook called Health Stories.
This week we read and talked about the causes of high blood pressure and the benefits of a low-sodium diet.
Homework for Monday & Tuesday classes, April 19 & 20:
Read pages 4, 5, 6 again in Textbook
Study vocabulary
Do page 7 Nutrition Facts in Textbook (orange)
Do Workbook: page 6.
Homework for Wednesday & Thursday classes, April 21 & 22:
Review Lesson 1 reading and all the exercises in the textbook.
Study new vocabulary
Finish all Lesson 1 exercises in the workbook.
Write 5 sentences to describe the picture below.
Example
I can see…
I can see two people in a clinic.
I can see a doctor and a patient.
There is a doctor and a patient are in
the doctor’s office.
What is happening? What are they doing?
The doctor is telling Jalal to eat fresh
foods.
He says to eat low sodium foods.
The doctor tells him to exercise.
The doctor tells him to be careful about his
health.
They are discussing high blood pressure and
low sodium diet, and exercise.
What do you think?
I think Jalal will be ok.
Maybe Jalal is worried.
I think a low sodium diet is boring.
I think Jalal is afraid.
Maybe the doctor gives Jalal good advice.
RESOURCES
The HEALTH STORIES textbook:




No comments:
Post a Comment